Top 20 of 1956
- Elvis Presley -- Heartbreak Hotel
- Elvis Presley -- Don't Be Cruel
- Nelson Riddle with Orchestra -- Lisbon Antigua
- The Platters -- My Prayer
- Gogi Grant -- The Wayward Wind
- Elvis Presley -- Hound Dog
- Les Baxter with Orchestra -- The Poor People of Paris
- Doris Day -- Whatever Will Be, Will Be (Que Sera, Sera)
- Dean Martin -- Memories are Made of This
- Kay Starr -- The Rock and Roll Waltz
- Morris Stoloff -- Moonglow & Theme from Picnic
- The Platters -- The Great Pretender
- Pat Boone -- I Almost Lost My Mind
- Elvis Presley -- I Want You, I Need You, I Love You
- Elvis Presley -- Love Me Tender
- Perry Como -- Hot Diggity (Dog Ziggity Boom)
- Hugo Winterhalter with Eddie Heywood -- Canadian Sunset
- Carl Perkins -- Blue Suede Shoes
- Jim Lowe -- The Green Door
- The Four Lads -- No, Not Much
(Follow the links above to some surprising corners of CJ3B.info.)
December 1956 perhaps represented the official start of our current era of popular culture. When the Billboard Hot 100 chart for the year was tabulated, not only were three of the top ten records of 1956 by one artist -- Elvis Presley -- but they were also "rock 'n' roll". Although they were the only three rock 'n' roll records in the top ten, the music industry saw the future.
Also in December 1956, the Willys Motors division of the Kaiser Corporation thought they saw the future of four-wheel-drive: the Forward Control Jeep.
See also Elvis Presley's Jeeps on CJ3B.info.
Visit CJ3B.info on Facebook.
CJ3B Home | Contents | Search | Links | 3A and 3B Community
Last updated 18 December 2016 by Derek Redmond firstname.lastname@example.org
All content not credited and previously copyright, is copyright Derek Redmond