Matchbox and Other Small Toy Jeeps
These are some of the small Jeeps in my collection, as of 1997. They are typically about 2 inches in length. Details are below.
Click on any Jeep in the display above (or on its description in the list below) to see a larger copy of its picture (24K JPEG). Then use the Back button on your browser to return to this page.
- Brown Matchbox MB. Right hand drive, made in England, 1981.
- Red Matchbox MB. Same body mold and graphic, made in Macao, 1981.
- Pink Matchbox MB. "Jeep Hot Rod", same body, made in England, 1971. No.2 in the Superfast series. V8 engine, green bumper and undercarriage. Matchbox has gotten a lot of variety with this same body mold.
- Matchbox Invasion MB. Same body, with hole for mounting recoilless rifle, and D-Day invasion markings. Made in England, 1976.
- Matchbox MB. Same body, with camo paint job and plastic softtop, made in Thailand, 1981. Left-hand drive.
- Matchbox CJ-5. Offroad racer model. Made in Thailand.
- Purple Matchbox MB. The recent "Bad to the Bone" version in "TJ" purple.
- White Hot Wheels CJ-7. Made in Malaysia. Red, black and clear plastic parts. Detailed metal undercarriage, which the Matchbox models lack.
- Green Hot Wheels CJ-7. Same model, with military-style paint job.
- Blue Hot Wheels CJ-8. Scrambler with racing paint.
- Black Hot Wheels CJ-8. Same model in basic black, with better quality wheels and rubber tires. Axe and firewood molded in back.
- Green Matchbox CJ-6. Small wheels and large top give this seventies model a top-heavy look.
- Yellow Matchbox CJ-5. Classic toy. Excellent Matchbox quality.
- Red Pottery CJ-3A. A souvenir of Venezuela, but it's the only flat-fender Jeep I saw there.
- Green Husky CJ-5. Made in Britain, with plastic driver, folding windshield, horse trailer.
- Red Corgi Junior CJ-5. Same body mold as the Husky. Also made in Great Britain. Missing driver.
- Silver Tonka CJ-5. Mirror finish on plastic.
- Green Majorette CJ-5. Made in France. Renegade graphics.
- Red Majorette CJ-5. Black plastic hardtop.
- Black Majorette CJ-5. Rear view of the black and tan version, with a cobra graphic on the hood.
- Gold Majorette CJ-5. More sedate version of the same body. Golden eagle-style graphic, white hardtop.
- Orange CJ-7. Made in Hong Kong. Golden eagle graphic. Opening doors, detailed metal undercarriage.
- Orange CJ-7. Made in Hong Kong. Plastic undercarriage, opening hood. Looks like a V6?
- White CJ-7. Similar mold except for bug screen on grille. Made in China. Opening hood.
- Yellow CJ-7. Same mold except for bug screen. Made in China. Opening doors -- metal undercarriage provides rigidity.
- Rescue CJ-7. Similar, but light-weight version, with plastic undercarriage. Cross-hatch grille, "Rescue" graphics.
- Green CJ-7. Same body but with the huge wheels and tires which are common in bargain-store toys.
- Fire Dept CJ-7. Recent discount-store toy.
- Yellow CJ-3A. Plastic toy. I've always been puzzled by the attached headphones.
- White CJ-7. Golden eagle graphic.
- Black CJ-7. Made in Thailand.
- Red CJ-7. Wrangler graphic. Accurate removable plastic hardtop.
- Yellow CJ-2A. Bargain store model, made in China.
- Black CJ-5. It looks like a Power Wheels toy in the back of the Hot Wheels Scrambler. It's the smallest toy Jeep I've come across.
- Red CJ-7. Another variation of the China/Hong Kong toy with opening doors. Plastic undercarriage.
See also the Medium Size Toys and the Large Toys.
Return to Collecting Toy Jeeps.
Visit CJ3B.info on Facebook.
CJ3B Home | Contents | Search | Movies | Jeep Toys Bulletin Board
Last updated 29 June 1997 by Derek Redmond email@example.com
All content not credited and previously copyright, is copyright Derek Redmond