Tonka and Other Large Toy Jeeps
Here are some of the big sandbox-size Jeeps in my collection, as of 1997. They range from about 8 inches to 12 inches in length. The details are below.
Click on any Jeep in the display above (or on its description in the list below) to see a larger copy of its picture (24K JPEG). Then use the Back button on your browser to return to this page.
- Red Tonka CJ-3B. Probably one of the first Tonkas to add big tires, this dates from maybe the late 1960s.
- Green Tonka CJ-5. Black plastic windshield and grille. See also the Tonka Story.
- Metallic Brown Tonka CJ-5. The same black grille, and beige plastic removable hardtop.
- Tonka CJ-3B. 1960s toy based on the CJ-3B, with whitewall tires. This one is in excellent condition. More details on the Tonka page.
- Green Diecast CJ-2A. Obviously older than most of these toys, it is marked Made in Canada. One piece hard rubber wheels. See also Sandbox Jeeps of the 1950s.
- Blue plastic CJ-5. Molded coloured plastic with sticker on the hood.
- White plastic CJ-5. The exact reverse of the blue colour scheme.
- Tonka CJ-3B Wrecker. Similar to the Tonka above, with tow hook and snowplow added. Red plastic warning light on hood. More details on the Canadian Tonkas page.
- Yellow Sonic Tiger CJ-7. Radio controlled toy from Radio Shack, with sound effects.
- Red Toy State YJ. One of the few toy Wranglers, this one has wired remote control speed and steering, lighted headlamps, and Islander graphics. Toy State also marketed a red Comanche pickup. Take a look at the picture on the box that it came in.
- White Marui CJ-7. Serious 1/10 scale R/C racer. Accurate Golden Eagle graphics, and lots of detail-- assembled and painted by me. See also another page of photos.
- Radio Shack Army CJ-7. Radio controlled, military toy based on the CJ-7. Missing rear-mounted weapon and original windshield.
See also the Medium Size Toys and the Small Toys.
Return to Collecting Toy Jeeps.
Visit CJ3B.info on Facebook.
CJ3B Home | Contents | Search | Movies | Jeep Toys Bulletin Board
Last updated 29 December 1997 by Derek Redmond email@example.com
All content not credited and previously copyright, is copyright Derek Redmond