Dinky Toys and Other Medium Size Toy Jeeps
These are some of the medium size Jeeps in my collection, as of 1997. They range from about 3 inches to 7 inches in length. The details arebelow.
Click on any Jeep in the display above (or on itsdescription in the list below) to see a larger copy of its picture (24KJPEG). Then use the Back button on your browser to return to this page.
- Stamped TinMB. Made in Japan, with friction motor and pretty fancy upholsteryfor an Army vehicle.
- GreenYJ. Nice Wrangler Sahara model with opening doors, folding seats,jewel lights. Made in China under licence from Chrysler.
- White Majorette CJ-7.Quality model with sprung suspension, removable hardtop. Made inFrance. See also the Majorette Jeeps pages for more photos.
- Blue AvonDJ. After-shave bottle, with white plastic hardtop. Nice Christmasgift for the mailman.
- BlueMonogram CJ-7. This is a plastic 1:24 model kit. Actually I haven'tassembled it -- this is just a picture from the box.
- Yellow New-Ray CJ-7. A nicenew metal 1:32 4WD friction-motor model made in China and licenced byChrysler. Available in red and yellow. Folding windshield, openingtailgate.
- WhiteCJ-7. Has "Rescue" insignia on hood, and room for equipment in trunkbehind the bucket seats. Powered by pull-back recoil spring motor.
- Red Jeep Loco CJ-7.Battery operated with lug tires. Flips over and changes direction whenit encounters obstacles.
- White plastic CJ-7. ShowJeep with plenty of chrome, pull-back spring motor.
- Red Plastic CJ-7. Fairly accurate reproduction, battery-motorized, with removable hardtop, lightedheadlamps, and lots of torque.
- White Metal CJ-5. Friction motor,big tires. But I guess you'd want to fold down that opaque blackwindshield.
- Blue Supershots CJ-5.Well detailed new plastic model made in China for Lanard Toys. Stringpulls out the back to wind up a spring motor. Removable bikini top. About 1:30 scale. Look at the picture on the packaging.
- DiecastMetal CJ-7s. Recent bargain-store toys. Hot pink model with "DirtRat" graphics has black plastic soft top with no side windows.
- Red/Blue Plastic CJ-5.Two-piece, two-tone plastic toy with half-size hardtop.
- Sand Plastic M38A1. Plastictoy in desert paint, with anti-aircraft (?) gun.
- Blue Plastic CJ-5.Reasonably good cheap plastic toy.
- Pottery CJ-3A. A souvenir of Ecuadorgiven to me by a friend, it's "fully loaded."
- Blue Battery Winch CJ-7.Unique in my experience so far: the winch operates (Ihad to fabricate a new hook, as well as a windshield). Made in Hong Kongfor Echo Toys, 1983. Also features a plastic motorcycle instead of aback seat.
- Red SolidoMB. Part of a fire engine series, made in France. Foldingwindshield.
- Green DinkyToys CJ-3A. This dates from 1953. Forest green,not military green.
- Red DinkyToys CJ-3A. Same as the green version. Very solidly built -- aclassic toy. See also the Dinky Toys Jeeps page for more photos.
- Blue TonkaCJ-5. Smaller version of the big Tonkas, dated 1979. Metal body with blackplastic grille and windshield.
- Green Torco CJ-5. All-plasticknock-off of the Tonka, from "Green Grass Manufacturing" in Hong Kong,1980.
- Black Tonka CJ-5. Same 1979 toy as the blue version, but with metallic red stripes, and logos for AC, Cragar and STP.
- Dinky Toys MB. Earlier and larger than the Dinky CJ-3As. This one's in pretty bad shape.
- Blue Corgi Toys CJ-5. 1/36 scale, made in China rather than Britain where earlier Corgis were produced. Nice metal model with plastic frame and removable soft top with clear plastic windows.
- Green Plastic CJ-7. Made in Venezuela, copied from the flip-over toys (see Red Jeep Loco above).
- Red Wiking CJ-5. Soft plastic toddler's toy made in Sweden. With winch.
- Green Plastic CJ-5. Nicely proportioned soft plastic toy made in Hong Kong. Molded in one piece including soft top.
- Orange Fisher-Price CJ-3B. Plastic, made in USA in 1977, with a fish and duck graphic on hood. The hood is high enough to call it a CJ-3B. Looks like it was part of a set.
- Grip Zechin CJ-3B. Japanese diecast model of the Mitsubishi J52, based on the CJ-3B. Nicely detailed. More photos on the Mitsubishi models page.
- Purple Tonka CJ-3B. Six-inch-long version of the large pressed-steel Tonka toys. For details on the design see the Tonka page.
- Yellow Tonka CJ-3B. The same body, with trailer hitch added. Windshield has been replaced.
- Blue Tonka CJ-3B Racer. The same body, with wild colour scheme, larger tires and plastic full roll cage.
- Brown Tonka CJ-3B Racer. The same body, with Tonka Golden Eagle logo, plastic headlights, and chromed roll cage.
- Hong Kong M38A1. Metalbody, pull-back spring motor. Missing weapon from rear-seat mount.
See also the Large Toys and the Small Toys.
Return to Collecting Toy Jeeps.
CJ3B Home | Contents | Search | Movies | Jeep Toys Bulletin Board
Last updated 16 March 1998 by Derek Redmondredmond@cj3b.info
All content not credited and previously copyright, is copyright Derek Redmond