Parts Change Service Bulletins
The downloads (100-200K JPEGs) on this page are Willys Motors Service Bulletins, sent to Willys dealers in the early 1960s, relating to parts changes in the CJ-3B drivetrain.
New Ignition and Starter Switch and Lock Cylinder
Bulletin No.497; November 15, 1960
- Page 1 -- new-style lock and bezel on all models, starting with CJ-3B SN 57348 67441.
Change in 9-1/4" Clutch Option as Used on Four Cylinder Engines
Bulletin No. 509; March 17, 1961
- Page 1 -- New pressure plate for optional 9-1/4" clutch starting with engine no. 4J 284064.
Front Wheel Hubs
Bulletin No. 588; September 25, 1962
- Page 1 -- New front wheels hubs and bearings on all models. Effective on the CJ-3B with SN 57348 89008.
- Page 2 -- Comparison of old and new oil seals.
Transmission Assembly Change
Bulletin No. 600; November 30, 1962
- Page 1 -- Low gear ratio 3.339:1 replacing 2.798:1 on CJ models, starting with CJ-3B SN 57348-93447.
Bulletin No. 601; November 30, 1962
- Page 1 -- 4.27:1 axle ratio replacing 5.38:1 (now optional) on CJ models, starting with CJ-3B SN 57348 93447.
I'm grateful to the late Bruce Agan for sharing these Bulletins. -- Derek Redmond
See the 1963 incorrect oil level dipstick recall in Oil Level Indicators.
Return to CJ-3B Specs and Tech Tips.
Visit CJ3B.info on Facebook.
CJ3B Home | Contents | Search | Links | Bulletin Board
Last updated 26 December 2005 by Derek Redmond firstname.lastname@example.org
All content not credited and previously copyright, is copyright Derek Redmond